What is the biggest difference between Freefly Alta 8 verse Freefly Alta 6?
With the addition of 2 extra motors on the Freefly Alta 8, this Octocopter will lift up to 20 pounds of payload verse 15 pounds from the Freefly Alta 6. Adding stability of flight, power and increased payload are some of the benefits of the Alta 8.
Top 5 Reasons to purchase the Freefly ALTA 8 from Quadrocopter:
1. Experienced and knowledgeable Tech Staff to support you, the end user. Over 35+ years of combined R/C, UAV and Aerial filming experience.
2. Quadrocopter is here to support you every day. Our Support and Sales Team can be contacted through our phone, e-mail, on line chat and Skype. We pride ourselves on prompt customer contact.
3. Customization, we cater the ALTA assembly to your specific applications and Camera packages.
4. Extensive parts and accessory list available to make sure you have all of the equipment not commonly found in camera stores or at other ALTA retailers.
5. Stock availability and worldwide shipping. We can help you succeed by getting you what you need, whether it’s shipping spare parts, additional batteries, or a complete system with Expedited Service, so you never miss a job!
The Freefly ALTA 8 unpacks, ready to shoot, in under five minutes. It is easy to fly, powerful, rigid, adaptable, reliable, and optimized for up to twenty-pound payloads. Confidently fly RED, ARRI and other professional cameras, guided by the state-of-the-art Synapse Flight Controller. Capture aerials like never before with the option to mount the MoVI on top.
Key Features of Freefly Alta 8:
- Quick release booms and 18x6 folding carbon fiber props allows ALTA to pack down in under five minutes for easy transport.
- Quick release Toad in the Hole system dramatically increases the speed and flexibility on set.
- Weather Resistant featuring a lightweight molded palstic enclosure to cover the flight control and power distribution board, protecting them from the elements.
- Silent-Drive ESC and Direct Drive 3-Phase motors provide maximum power and flight efficiency for payloads up to 20 pounds.
- Dual camera mounting options combine with payload specific vibration isolation systems for professional results in top mount and underslung configurations.
- User-defined outboard LED orientation and accessory lighting on-the-fly via iOS/Android ALTA application.
- On-board support for industry standard First-Person View (FPV) and Radio Tx/Rx Systems.
- The ALTA 8 provides two fully enclosed receiver mounting bays to keep these sensitive components protected and dry.
- Wireless connectivity via installed WiFi transceiver.
- Alta 8 App provides access to critical flight data: Flight Pack Voltage, Satellite Count, Flight Mode, Attitude, Pilot Checklists, Vibration Levels, Height, Temperature.
The ALTA 8 is a Ready-to-Fly system that includes:
- ALTA 8 Multi-rotor Drone
- Pelican Case
- Quick Release Top Handle
- Inverted Landing Gear for Top Mounting (not shown)
- Freefly ALTA App available for download
The Freefly ALTA 8 comes fully assembled and includes all the necessary tools and accessories you will need to mount a MoVI and get it flying. The standard ALTA drone ships with a Quick Release Top Handle, Inverted Landing Gear, FPV mount plate, cables to connect your personal receivers and/or FPV system, and mechanical tools to disassemble & inspect your ALTA 8 UAV.
Not Included: The standard ALTA 8 drone configuration does not include a MoVI, batteries, a transmitter, receivers, the Aero Landing Gear (lower landing gear for flying a MoVI in the bottom mount configuration, pictured), or an FPV system.
Diameter: 1325 mm
(does not include props)
Diameter: 660 mm
(does not include props)
Height (to base of TITH): 263 mm
Number of Motors: 8
Motor Type: Direct Drive 3-Phase PMAC Outrunner
Motor Make and Model: Freefly F45
Motor Max Continuous Power Output: 350 W
Motor Max Instantaneous Peak Power: 950 W
Electronic Speed Controller: Freefly Silent-Drive Sine Wave ESC
Make and Model: Freefly ALTA Propeller
Material: Carbon fiber with balsa core
Propeller Orientation: (4) CW and (4) CCW Props
Propeller Type: 18 x 6 Folding
Nominal Battery Voltage: 6S / 22.2V
Maximum Battery Size: 240 x 180 x 80 mm
Maximum Battery Quantity: 2 Battery Packs (Parallel)
Minimum Battery Quantity: 2 Battery Packs (Parallel)
Battery Connectors: 2x EC5 (Parallel)
Required Minimum Battery Discharge Rating: 205A/500A Peak
Maximum Gross for Takeoff1: 18.16 kg (40.0 lbs)
Maximum Useful Load2: 12.0 kg (26.4 lbs)
Maximum Payload3: 9.1 kg (20.0 lbs)
Typical Standard Empty Weight: 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs)
Always refer to the following aircraft limitations section for complete information on allowable maximum gross weights at different altitudes and temperatures before any flight.
Typical Specific Power4: 145 W/kg
Thrust Ratio at Max Takeoff Weight1: 1.85 : 1
Vibration Isolation System: Silicone O-Rings
ISOLATION SYSTEM OPTIONS
- Soft / Light Payloads: Red O-Rings
- Medium / Mid Payloads Teal O-Rings
- Stiff / Heavy Payloads Black O-Rings
Mounting Locations: Bottom and Top Mount
Mounting System: Freefly Toad In The Hole Quick Release
FPV Camera Mount: Between boom 8 & 1
FPV Transmitter Mount: Boom 2
Model Name: Freefly Synapse Flight Controller
- Height Hold
- Position Hold
Supported Inputs: DSMX, DSM2, S.Bus, S.Bus2, PPM, FPV SD
- Futaba S.Bus & S.Bus 2
- DSMX, DSM2 (Spektrum/JR)
- PPM, PPM Invert, PPM Graupner
Supported Radio Controller Telemetry Systems: Futaba w/ built-in voltage sense port
Minimum Radio Controller Channels Required: >5
Supported GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
Supported SBAS: QZSS, WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS
First-Person View System Video Formats: NTSC, PAL
Supported First-Person View Transmitters:
- Immersion RC
Supported First-Person View Cameras: Ready Made RC
First-Person View OSD Telemetry: User Configurable
Installed Transceivers: Wi-Fi
Data Logging Rate: 25 Hz
LIGHTING AND INDICATION
Status Light: 1-Watt Red, 1-Watt White LED
Orientation Lights: 3-Watt RGB LED
Orientation Light Color: User Definable, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, White
These limitations are advisory in nature and do not extend or restrict limitations provided by Governing Aviation Authorities.
Maximum RPM 6300 RPM
Maximum Battery Voltage 25.2 Volts
Maximum Average Battery Voltage 19.2 Volts
Do not fly ALTA 8 in temperatures exceeding 45°C (113°F) or below -20°C(-4°F).5
FLIGHT CONTROLLER LIMITS
Maximum Pitch/Roll Angle 45°
Maximum Yaw Rate 150° / second
1. AT SEA LEVEL, STANDARD CONDITIONS.
2. TOP AND BOTTOM MOUNT. INCLUDES BATTERIES.
3. PAYLOAD WEIGHT TOP OR BOTTOM MOUNT. BATTERY WEIGHT NOT INCLUDED AND MOUNTED ON OPPOSITE SIDE FROM PAYLOAD IN TYPICAL CONFIGURATIONS.
4. AT MAXIMUM TAKEOFF WEIGHT, SEA LEVEL, STANDARD CONDITIONS.
5. MUST ADDITIONALLY OBSERVE BATTERY TEMPERATURE RATINGS.
Alta Apple Software (download)
Alta Android Software (download)
Alta Flight/ User Manual (download / view)
Alta Setup Guide (download / view)