Smart OSD is a new graphical OSD (On Screen Display). The graphics are drawn dynamically by the powerful ARM processor that allows a smooth animation on the background of the video signal feed.
A very comfortable and easy to use PC software is foreseen for configuring the OSD and upgrade the system software via the USB port. The communication with electronics Mikrokopter port in Navi Control or Flight Control insures displaying data from the main system without having to use additional sensors.
The installation is very easy and the size of the board is compatible with the MikroKopter boards.
- Resolution of 352x288 pixels for PAL, 352x240 or 320x240 for NTSC
- PAL or NTSC video standard
- System generates OSD only with video signal
- The possibility of software or manual correction of the level of white and black for the generated graphics (two versions OSD)
- Four configurable screens
- UART2 for rf module (XBee or other) or MKTools
- Two UART communication ports including one default in the MK protocol
- Possibility to connect the GPS to MK without Navi version control
- 4 inputs adc or 0 / 1 or PWM (alternatively, configurable) USB port (USB <> serial) for configuration and software upgrade
- Power 5V/60mA- PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7)
- Dimensions of 50x50mm
- Weight: 13g
- Ability to match the specific requirements of the OSD client (communication protocol, graphics)
- Artificial horizon to fit the camera FOV
- Speed - digital and graphic, measurement unit selection
- Altitude - digital and graphic measurement unit selection
- Vario - digital and graphic measurement unit selection
- Vario flight mode indicator
- Direction of flight, degrees, the possibility of correction values for other systems
- GPS, the number of satellites
- Main battery indicator with alarm function
- Main battery current
- Main battery voltage
- Main battery usage
- 3 additional input A / D with discharge rates, battery indicator, configurable
- Maps function
- Radar function
- Error flags NaviCtrl
- Message flags NaviCtrl
- RSSI indicator - from MK or external
- Indicator of flight time
- LOS indicator
Downloads: Configuration Software
» User Manual
» (pdf / 152kb)
OSD Application » (zip / 2.1mb)
Q & A: Q:
I cannot figure out how I can send Mikrokopter Way Points to it wirelessly as I am forced to disconnect the connection I had previously with my wireless to make the data connection to the debug (10 pin connector) with your board. A:
To send waypoints you need connect Smart-OSD JP2<>Debug port in Navi-Ctrl and JP3<>wireless modem (XBee, BT, etc). In Global OSD parameter you must set Transparent Uart port in Xbee port and Direct or Buffered (you must check last parameter - some wireless modules needs different modes).
If you want information on screen this is a very customizable option, You can change the information on any one of 4 screens which you can choose to view.
There must be 40 or more screen info options, and the size of the on screen graphics and fonts can change. The awkward part is the manuals are quite lame and thick with geek sauce. But I talked with Mr Flori and he seems dedicated to making the manual understandable. Yea Flori!
Gregory McCambley from Calgary, Canada
This is the only OSD to use with a MK. It fits in the stack and uses all of the data from the FC and Nav boards to provide all the telemetry you could ever want in a video overlay. 4 screens which can be toggled from your Tx and fully configurable via pc software which is very easy to use. The best OSD for a MK and the best OSD I've used on any aircraft and I've used too many. Too bad it can only be used on a kopter.
William DiMartino from NC, USA