Top 5 Reasons to purchase the Freefly ALTA from Quadrocopter:
1. Experienced and knowledgeable Tech Staff to support you, the end user. Over 35+ years of combined R/C, UAV and Aerial filming experience.
2. Quadrocopter is here to support you every day. Our Support and Sales Team can be contacted through our phone, e-mail, on line chat and Skype. We pride ourselves on prompt customer contact.
3. Customization, we cater the ALTA assembly to your specific applications and Camera packages.
4. Extensive parts and accessory list available to make sure you have all of the equipment not commonly found in camera stores or at other ALTA retailers.
5. Stock availability and worldwide shipping. We can help you succeed by getting you what you need, whether it’s shipping spare parts, additional batteries, or a complete system with Expedited Service, so you never miss a job!
The Freefly ALTA unpacks, ready to shoot, in under five minutes. It is easy to fly, powerful, rigid, adaptable, reliable, and optimized for up to fifteen-pound payloads. Confidently fly RED, ARRI and other professional cameras, guided by our state-of-the-art Synapse Flight Controller. Capture aerials like never before with the option to mount the MoVI on top.
- Quick release booms and 18x6 folding carbon fiber props allows ALTA to pack down in under five minutes for easy transport.
- Silent-Drive ESC and Direct Drive 3-Phase motors provide maximum power and flight efficiency for payloads up to 15 pounds.
- Dual camera mounting options combine with payload specific vibration isolation systems for professional results in top mount and underslung configurations.
- User-defined outboard LED orientation and accessory lighting on-the-fly via iOS/Android ALTA application.
- On-board support for industry standard First-Person View (FPV) and Radio Tx/Rx Systems.
- Wireless connectivity via installed WiFi transceiver.
The ALTA is a Ready-to-Fly system that includes:
- ALTA Multi-rotor
- Pelican Case
- Battery Cage
- Landing Gear for Top Mounting (not shown)
- Freefly ALTA App available for download
The ALTA comes fully assembled and includes all the necessary tools and accessories you will need to mount a MoVI and get it flying. The standard ALTA ships with a Toad in the Hole quick release, Battery Cage Landing Gear, FPV mount plate, cables to connect your personal receivers and/or FPV system, and mechanical tools to disassemble & inspect your ALTA.
Not Included: The standard ALTA configuration does not include a MoVI, batteries, a transmitter, receivers, the Aero Landing Gear (lower landing gear for flying a MoVI in the bottom mount configuration, pictured), or an FPV system.
We can't remove the pressure to get the perfect shot, but with the ALTA, you'll enjoy each challenge.
Diameter: 1126 mm
Height (to base of TITH): 220 mm
Diameter: 550 mm
Height (to base of TITH): 220 mm
Number of Motors: 6
Motor Type: Direct Drive 3-Phase PMAC Outrunner
Motor Model: F45
Motor Max Continuous Power Output: 350 W
Motor Max Instantaneous Peak Power: 950 W
Electronic Speed Controller: Freefly Silent-Drive Sine Wave ESC
Material: Carbon fiber with balsa core
Propeller Orientation: (3) CW and (3) CCW Props
Propeller Type: 18 x 6 Folding
Nominal Battery Voltage: 6S / 22.2V
Maximum Battery Size: 240 x 180 x 80 mm
Maximum Battery Quantity: 2 Battery Packs (Parallel)
Battery Connectors: 2x EC5 (Parallel)
Maximum Gross for Takeoff1: 13.6 kg (30.0 lbs)
Maximum Useful Load2: 9.5 kg (21.0 lbs)
Maximum Payload3: 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs)
Typical Standard Empty Weight: 4.5 kg (10.0 lbs)
Typical Specific Power4: 145 W/kg
Thrust Ratio at Max Takeoff Weight1: 2.0 : 1
LIGHTING AND INDICATION
Orientation Lights: RGB LED's
Orientation Light Locations: Outboard on Boom Ends
Orientation Light Color: User Definable
Status Light: Rear-Facing Red/White LED
Vibration Isolation System: Silicone O-Rings
ISOLATION SYSTEM OPTIONS
- Soft / Light Payloads: Red O-Rings
- Medium / Mid Payloads Teal O-Rings
- Stiff / Heavy Payloads Black O-Rings
Mounting Locations: Bottom and Top Mount
Mounting System: Freefly Toad In The Hole Quick Release
Model Name: Freefly Synapse Flight Controller
- Height Hold
- Climb Rate Control (Vario)
- Position Hold
- Ground Speed Control
Supported Inputs: Spektrum, S.Bus, PPM, FPV SD Video
Outputs: PWM, I2C, CAN, FPV SD Video w/ OSD
- Futaba S.Bus & S.Bus 2 DSMX,
- DSM2 (Spektrum/JR) PPM,
- PPM Invert,
- PPM Graupner
Supported Radio Controller Telemetry Systems: Futaba w/ built-in voltage sense port
Supported First-Person View Systems:
- Immersion RC
First-Person View OSD Telemetry: User Configurable
Installed Transceivers: Wi-Fi
Data Logging Rate: 25 Hz
1. AT SEA LEVEL, STANDARD CONDITIONS.
2. TOP AND BOTTOM MOUNT. INCLUDES BATTERIES.
3. PAYLOAD WEIGHT TOP OR BOTTOM MOUNT. BATTERY WEIGHT NOT INCLUDED AND MOUNTED ON OPPOSITE SIDE FROM PAYLOAD IN TYPICAL CONFIGURATIONS.
4. AT MAXIMUM TAKEOFF WEIGHT, SEA LEVEL, STANDARD CONDITIONS.
Alta Apple Software (download)
Alta Android Software (download)
Alta Flight/ User Manual (download / view)
Alta Setup Guide (download / view)